Justifiable Cremation provides specialized end of life services for families who need or prefer only a basic, dignified cremation.
We provide a cremation without any ceremony or gathering beforehand. We guarantee that we can provide the most affordable after-life alternative.
Most Affordable Option for Cremation
Celebration of Life Services
We do believe there is value in having a Celebration of Life, Memorial Service or Memorial Mass as cremation is only part of a family’s journey through grief. We would like to suggest a couple of options:
- You can organize your own ceremony using your home, community facilities or churches.
- We can work with you and our associated full -service partner, Gray’s Funeral Chapel, to arrange and organize a formal service.
What is Included
- Basic ID is done at the place of passing. Complete documentation is signed there, saving costs that are typically incurred for preparation, embalming and disinfection.
- Once the documentation and signatures are in order, your loved one is cremated.
- An alkaline Hydrolysis cremation process (frequently called Aquamation or Water Cremation) is used to spare the expense of a cremation container or casket. Many families appreciate this greener method of cremation.
- A simple box is provided to contain the ashes. Our staff can also show you our affordable urn options if that is your preference. You are also welcome to provide your own urn or containment vessel.
What's Not Included
- Does not include a formal funeral or memorial ceremony.
- Does not include post-cremation memorial events. Of course, you can organize and host your own memorial event or wake.
- Does not include viewings, visitations or facilities for gatherings.
“The Song is Ended, But the Melody Lingers On…”
~ Irving Berlin
Service Charges (Required)
- Basic Service/First Call and Cremation + $1,485.00
- Local Transfer of deceased + $300.00
- Arrangements and Documentation + $450.00
- Regulatory Remittance Fee + $50.00
- ID Required by law No Charge
Additional Charges That May Be applied
- After Hours Transfer + $425.00
- Additional Transfer Staff Required (per individual) + $145.00
- Minimal Cremation Container and Traditional Cremation + $1150
- Death Notice Obituary assistance + $95.00
- Formal ID Viewing + $245.00
575 28th Street West
(Inside Gray’s Funeral Chapel)
Prince Albert, SK S6V 4T1
A Division Of
The first contact we get from family is done by phone letting us know you are requiring our services. This is at the time of death or pending death, so we are prepared to respond to the location the death occurs.
Every facility has a unique transfer protocol, and this will be explained to you at the time of the first call.
Once the death has occurred, we dispatch our staff to bring your loved one into our care and set a time to meet. This meeting time and location will be booked and an e-mail with information we will need will be sent off to you so you can be prepared. Alternately, you may use the form on the website to submit the deceased details.
The day of the meeting with our Justifiable Cremation staff you will be asking for the required information to finish off the details and sign paperwork we require according to legislation. Once all decisions have been made, we follow through with your request and plan the date for you to bring them home or arrange cemetery placement.
Death Certificates and the urn will be provided to you. Payment for cremation can be made by either Visa/MasterCard, Bank Draft or Cash. An Invoice will be supplied with the ADM as the “person responsible for funeral expenses” to align with the CPP Death Benefit application process.